How to run and use the treadmill
The treadmill is an essential attribute of the gym, because running is one of the most effective physical activities that strengthen the heart, muscles and the whole body. Sometimes lifestyle, climatic and weather conditions do not allow many of us to enjoy running in nature, and then treadmills become a worthy and comfortable replacement for running outside. However, it is necessary to remember the safety rules and tips that will help bring the body to a tone and achieve the most effective result from the exercises.
Purchase of a simulator
Some of us prefer to go in for sports at home during our free time and work. The treadmill is a popular home trainer, but before you buy it, you should decide which type is worth buying.
Treadmills are divided into electrical and mechanical, and the latter in turn are divided into conventional and magnetic.
- The mechanical path is the easiest and most affordable view. It does not depend on electricity, because it is the person on it who sets the rhythm of the movement. Therefore, if the runner is tired and slowed, then the track will move more slowly. Often, mechanical tracks have only one additional function – the ability to adjust the angle of inclination of the canvas.
- The magnetic track uses a magnet as an inhibiting element, which makes the run smoother, and the classes – comfortable.
- The electric path is the most functional and expensive exercise machine. It is equipped with a mini-computer that calculates calories burned, and also displays the pulse, temperature and other indicators. Electric tracks are professional and amateur. Professional are the most expensive and are used in gyms, and their speed can reach 40 km / h.
In fact, the purchase of a treadmill is not always the best option. Many people think that buying a simulator will be a good motivation to start intensive activities, but after some time, the routine running gets boring, enthusiasm disappears, and the simulator turns into a “clothes hanger”. That is why it is preferable to go to the gym, where in addition to the treadmill there is a large number of other simulators. And a personal trainer will help you develop the right training strategy in order to succeed and achieve your intended goal, be it to bring the figure in order or to increase lean body mass.
Elementary rules for beginners
Turning on and off different treadmills differ from each other, but the general principle of operation is almost the same.
- It must be remembered that before pressing the “Start” or “Start” button, you should decide on the speed and angle of inclination: the more it is, the more effort is required to run, as if you are running uphill.
- The canvas track starts moving immediately after pressing the “Start” button. This means that you can’t be on the simulator during power up, otherwise it will get a lot of work and you risk not keeping balance. When switching on, it is necessary that the legs stand on the sides. Off the track should be after a complete stop of the simulator.
- Do not forget about the security key, especially for beginner runners who may experience a little dizziness during the first lessons on the track. The security key should be used to avoid injury. The key slot is located on the simulator console, and the rope reaches for the athlete’s clothing and is attached to it. Some athletes do not see the need to use this device, but in vain. In an emergency, human response may not always work. For example, you may feel dizzy or coordination will be lost, as a result, the rope will move, which will transmit the signal from the console, the track will stop and insure you against an accident.
- Speed during class is not the determining factor. Much more important is the pulse, the upper threshold of which will correspond to the formula “220 minus your age”. During classes, the pulse should be 70-75% of the number of your upper threshold. For example, if you are 28 years old, then we consider:
- 220 – 28 = 192
- 192 x 0.7 = 134
It turns out that the pulse can reach 134 beats per minute.
- If during the run you need to change the settings, you must first stop the track, since changing the parameters during the run is highly undesirable.
- The changes themselves should not be too dramatic: the angle of inclination should be changed gradually, as well as the speed, because a sharp transition from slow walking to running will not bring the desired effect and lead to rapid fatigue.
How is training on the treadmill
- It is necessary to begin training with walking, this warm-up should last about 7 minutes.
- After that, 10 minutes should gradually increase the speed, so that in the next 5-10 minutes to run with the maximum possible load for you.
- When fatigue is not advised to stop exercising, you can go on a walk, and then again return to the run.
- Occupation should end with an easy run or moderate walk, the duration of which can be 5 minutes.
Can I run on a walkway on a full stomach
Nutrition before exercise also plays a big role. In no case can not drink coffee before classes on the treadmill, because it is an extra burden on the cardiovascular system. It is necessary to monitor enough carbohydrate intake. On an empty stomach, jogging should not be done. You can eat some oatmeal or other slow carbohydrates before your workout.
While running on the simulator, it is necessary to drink, there are bottle stands on almost all treadmills. It will also be useful to take a towel so that the sweat does not get into your eyes. However, to use a bottle or a towel, you need to slow down: you should not risk your health.
Running is life
Some people believe that walking on the track is enough to lose weight. Others are of the opinion that walking is effective for beginners, but gradually they should move on to active running. Each person is an individual, and before starting classes, you should consult with your doctor, especially if you are being examined by a cardiologist and you have problems with the cardiovascular system.
Three workouts per week will be enough to get in shape: daily intensive workouts will not allow the body to recuperate. It is also necessary to remember that on this simulator it is necessary to run in sneakers, and not in socks or barefoot. Running in sneakers will help avoid injuries to the ankle joints. When running, you should not lean on the handrails, because in this way you shift the center of gravity and quickly get tired. Hands must move: due to their movement, calories are also burned.
For fun, you can listen to music, study podcasts, or watch movies while running.
Running on the track should last about 30 minutes, and for beginners it is enough a quarter of an hour. Exercise more than an hour is not worth it, because it gives an extra burden to the joints and the spine.
The treadmill allows you to simulate a regular run, and the effectiveness of classes can be no less than that of a “street run”. The main thing is not to forget that the treadmill is a simulator that, before use, requires careful study of both the device itself and the understanding and implementation of the attached recommendations.